The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Look What's New to the VTK:
- Outdoor Journey for Dasies, Brownies and Juniors with multi-level content.
- Three (3) brand-new STEM Journeys in engineering, programming and citizen science.
- 38 new badges and Journey awards to chose among, including the first-ever Daisy Outdoor and Citizen badges.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings. There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances.
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access to more than 42 badges and Journeys.
Volunteer Toolkit Guide for Leaders
Active Troop Leaders and Co-Leaders have access to the Volunteer Toolkit to assist in planning their year of programming and activities. There should be at least two volunteers with access to the same troop account in the VTK. Leaders that lead multiple troops have access as well.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances.
- Use this VTK Parent Guide to assist you.
Individually Registered Girl/Juliette
Parentt/caregiver of girls that are not part of a traditional troop can use the Volunteer Toolkit to pan your girl's year. The guide below will help guide you on how to use the VTK for her year.